Sales

Bar and Restaurant sentence constructions and vocabulary

Service questions:
Good Morning/ Afternoon/ Evening
Are you ready to place your order now or would you like more time?
Our specials are....
Could I take your order?
What can I get you?
I'm sorry there is no smoking inside
Our smoking area is outside
Would you like ice with that?
That will be ( price)
The toilets are.....to your left, to your right, at the end of the corridor, behind you, in front of
you.
Sorry we are fully booked at that time, on that day.
I can offer you a table at ......

Confirmation:
Okay
That's great
Fantastic
Amazing
Wonderful
Certainly
Constructions to end a conversation:
Thank you
See you again
Take care
See you later
Bye

Phone:
Hi
Hello
This is .......... (your name) speaking how can I help you?
Just one minute
Let me check
Could I put you on hold for a minute
I'm sorry, I can't really hear you..... Could you speak a little louder
Just one moment
I'm sorry, could you repeat that?
Directions:
Follow the signs for.....
Take a left at....
Take a right at....
Continue straight until you see......
Take the first, second, third ... Turning on your left/ right
You will see....
Don't take the.....
Take the....
We are just there
If you get lost please phone
It really easy to find

Food:
Could I recommend
If you order......you can get
Are you ready to order?
Could I take your drinks order?
Are you ready to order some drinks?
Would you like a starter?
Are you ready to order?
Main course
Desert
Menu
Are you ordering starters?
An for your main course?
Would you like the desert menu?
Some conversational topics:
The weather
Sports
Music
Economic Climate

- for more information on how to initiate conversations, end conversations and
pronunciation work please e mail me: learnenglishonline001@gmail.com
I work with business that want to expand their client portfolio. Please note that
pronunciation and phonics are key. I teach via Skype, and help with staff training. Normally
classes are maximum 10 and last 1 hour and 30 minutes.


Sanj Saigal
Skype: learnenglishonline001

Comments