Making Appointments

Useful phrases for making and changing appointments;

Asking to meet

"Are you available on the 18th?"
"Can we meet on the 15th?"
"How does the 5th sound to you?"
"Are you free next week?"
"Would Thursday suit you?"
" Is next Wednesday convenient for you?"
"What about sometime next week?"

Confirming a date

"Yes, Thursday is fine."
"Thursday suits me"
"Thursday would be perfect"
"Fantastic, see you on Thursday"

Changing a date

"I´m sorry, I wont be able to make it on Monday, could we meet on Wednesday instead?"
"Tuesday is going to be a difficult day for me, I would prefer Friday if that's ok with you?"
"I dont´t think I will be able to make it on the 19th, could we meet on the 20th instead?"

Setting A Time

"What sort of time would suit you?"
"If it´s possible, could we meet in the morning?"
"What time is best for you?"  
"How does 3pm sound to you?"

Changing the arrangement

"I am afraid that I won´t be able to meet you this Friday, could we arrange another time to meet?"
"You know that we were meeting this Saturday? well, I´m really sorry but something urgent has come up."
"something has just cropped up and I won´t be able to meet you this afternoon, could we make it another time?"


Note: With any language we use different sentence constructions to meet both formal and informal situations, its not difficult, but requires practice. If you want to find out more, please contact me on Skype: learnenglishonline001 thank you.

Comments